What is prefelt? It is not the same as roving or top. Wool prefelt is a lightly needled or loosely felted batt making a felt-like fabric. Residing midway between being dyed carded wool and becoming sturdy wool felt fabric, prefelt requires additional felting to become a durable fabric.
Our exclusive, thin and extra-fine prefelt batts promise to save you time when incorporated into your wet, nuno and dry needle felting projects.
- Tear apart for soft edges or cut for defined edges
- Felt it onto the surface of fabric or fiber
- Make clothes for felted dolls
- Use as a base or layer and felt other fibers onto it
- Use it with roving to create multi-colored felt sheets
- Needle it onto any of our wool felt
Shrinkage can be significant. The width and length can be increased with a little steam ironing, but not too much or you will felt your prefelt.
19 micron merino wool (very soft)
Origin: Australian merino wool needled and dyed in Italy. Oeko-Tex certified free of harmful substances.
Sizes may vary slightly. Unavailable colors have been discontinued.