Beautiful Waldorf-style illustrations on sturdy tiles of My Little Matching Game, a visually imaginative and luminous memory game. Can be played solo, or with 2-4 people. Memory games are for children of all ages and help teachers assess a child's cognitive abilities while improving concentration and focus.
Packaged in a compact box this is a great take-along activity.
- Mix up the cards and lay them face down in rows, or at random
- Turn over any two cards. If the two cards match, keep them. If they don't match, turn them back over.
- Remember what was on each card and where it was.
- Watch and remember during the other player's turn.
The object is to have fun while collecting the most matching pairs.
Instructions for 6 Variations Included:
- For very young children (ages 2-3) ~ Leave cards face up and let the child simply find the match.
- Sound identification ~ Lay cards face up. Choose items that start with the letter C, etc,, or that contain a long E, short O, etc.
- Literacy Building ~ Turn over a card, write the word on paper, then try to find the match.
- Literacy Building ~ When a pair is matched, the player must use the word in a sentence to keep the pair.
- Storytelling ~ Turn over three cards. Tell a story based on the sequence. If two items are the same, the story must contain both. For example if there are two frogs, then two frogs must be a part of the story.
- Storytelling ~ When all the cards have been paired, each player must use the words they have collected to tell a story.
Tile Size: Large 3" square tiles
Small Box Size: 3.25" square
Printed in the USA
Ages 3 to 103
Designed by Carolina Allen, with 25 years of early Childhood Experience.