Sew Your Own Felt Advent Calendar by Sachiyo Ishii
Add a personal touch to Advent by making your own felt calendar, filled with an array of little felt toys to charm the whole family.
Start by learning how to make the basic calendar, then follow the simple step-by-step instructions inside to make your 24 tiny toys to peak out of its pockets. With just a few pieces of felt, stuffing, thread and ribbons, and only four basic stitches required, the toys take little time to make, are inexpensive and a great way to use up scraps of spare material. From holiday favorites like Santa and Rudolph to a scarfed squirrel and snuggly bear, there’s a merry companion for all your little ones (and for young-at-heart adults too!).
- 24 tiny felt gift toys
- Clear, step-by-step photographs
- Techniques and stitches explained
- Templates provided
See below for complete Table of Contents.
Please note: These mini figures call for tiny sewing, the approximate height of the toys is 3 inches tall. Pattern templates are actual size and do not need reducing or enlarging.
- Calendar back - order a 72" wide yard of Holland Soft White Felt (pattern calls for 59 inch width x 35 1/2 inches)
- Holland Wool Felt is perfect for the toys, too. Not too thick for tiny projects.
- Wool stuffing can be used for the "toy stuffing" called for.
Table of Contents
Materials & tools 8
Making the calendar 12
The Toys 20
Basic techniques 22
Christmas tree 28
Candy cane 30
Brown bear 34
Teddy bear 42
Gingerbread house 50
Gingerbread man 56
Cat in stocking 64
Holly wreath 66
Toy soldier 68
Santas girl 72