Skill Level: Intermediate with experience
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit. The Button Child's slender arms and legs are button jointed allowing for different poses, the ability to sit without assistance and to stand when posed just right. Sew a shapely doll with a little bum and lovely legs and feet. This is a kit for those with some dollmaking experience. As a rule, one can finish this doll in a short amount of time once the stringing is understood as there is less hand sewing. The doll needs to be made very firm in order to hold the stringing.
IMPORTANT! Please, read the list at the bottom of the description for additional supplies you will need.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
- Reusable pattern pieces for a 16" doll
- Reusable pattern pieces for overalls, shirt or blouse
- Cotton Knit Waldorf Doll Skin
- Eco Wool stuffing
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Inner head tubing
- Plain chopstick with a square end for stuffing
- Embroidery floss for facial features
- Buttons for joints
- Craft thread and tying string
- Full wig/hair making instructions
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step illustrated instructions
Eye color: Leave us a note if you wish a different color for the eyes and we will switch them for you.
Age to Play: 3+
In addition: you will need basic doll making supplies - good fabric and paper scissors, 3" and 5" dollmaking needles, #7 embroidery needle, sewing machine (optional), #70 Schmetz universal machine needle (if machine sewing) or hand sewing needles, long pearlized straight pins with ball head, tape measure, size F or G crochet hook for hair wig (found on Doll Hair Yarn page), rouge crayon or powder blush, matching threads, fabric and notions for sewing the clothes. Most of these items can be purchased in our Doll Making Supplies section.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.