Skill Level: Intermediate with doll making experience.
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit to sew a cute doll with a cute little bum! 16 inch Baby Companion has separate seamed limbs which are sewn for firmness and stability. Even though it is one of the most difficult it is a very satisfying doll to sew. All will be well if you can take care not to overstuff. Baby Companion is a doll that can take being slept all over and dragged everywhere. It is easier to repair than a button-jointed doll and will surely need many sink baths with luke-warm water.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
- Clear, step by step instructions
- Joy's reusable pattern pieces for the 16" doll, nightgown, nightsac and diaper
- Wig/hair instructions for shorter hairstyles for this size doll
- Cotton skin tone knit fabric, your color choice
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Eco-wool stuffing
- Inner head tubing
- Craft thread and tying string
- Eye and mouth embroidery floss
- Plain chopstick with a square end for stuffing.
(Clothing fabric is not included)
Age to Play: 3+
Eye color: Leave a note for a different color and we will switch them for you.
In addition: you will need good fabric scissors, a sewing machine (optional), 3" or 5" dollmaking needles, #7 embroidery needle, #70 Schmetz universal machine needle (optional), ball head straight pins, Joy's Copper Head Frames (or tape measure), a size E or F crochet hook for hair wig, rouge crayon or powder blush, hair and skin colored threads and fabric and notions for clothes. Most of these items can be purchased in our Doll Making section.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.