Skill Level: Intermediate with doll making experience
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit, 16" Button Baby and 9" Tiny Button's pudgy arms and legs are button jointed allowing for different poses and the ability to hold some posing and sit in the center of the bed without assistance This is a shapely doll with a little bum and lovely legs and feet. A kit for those with some dollmaking experience. As a rule, one can finish this doll in a short amount of time once the stringing is understood as there is less hand sewing. The doll needs to be made very firm in order to hold the stringing.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
Patterns and supplies for making BOTH a 16" and 9" button jointed baby and clothes patterns for footy pajamas and a diaper for each (no hat pattern).
- Reusable patterns for two different sized dolls and clothes
- Cotton Knit Waldorf Doll Skin
- Eco Wool stuffing
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Inner head tubing
- Buttons for joints
- Plain chopstick with a square end for stuffing
- Embroidery floss for facial features
- Craft thread and tying string
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
Age to Play: 3+
Eye color: Leave us a note if you wish a different color for the eyes and we will switch them for you.
In addition: you will need good fabric scissors, 5" and 3" dollmaking needles, #7 embroidery needle, #70 Schmetz Universal Machine Sewing Needles or ball point hand sewing needles, sewing machine (optional), ball head straight pins, Joy's Copper Head Frames (or tape measure), Joy's Stuffing Tool (for maximum firmness of your button jointed doll)), a crochet hook size F or G for hair wig (found on Doll Hair Yarn page), rouge crayon or powder blush, knit fabric and notions for the footy pajamas, cotton flannel for diaper, matching skin fabric and hair threads. Most of these items can be purchased in our Doll Making section.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.
Your dolls are way too cute. Instructions very easy to follow and love the varieties of skin tone colors!