Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Skill Level: An ADVANCED project only for the experienced doll maker.
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit for sewing a newborn size weighted Waldorf doll. Baby Jess, when complete, sits on its own, weighs 3-1/2 pounds, is 19" long and wears newborn clothes or you can sew a cozy cotton velour footy sleeper, hat and cotton flannel diaper from the included materials. This heavy baby doll warms up when being held, encourages nurturing skills and feels substantial in a child's arm or on a lap.
The extra-effort to make this wonderful doll is well worth it!
Footie Sleeper Velour Color: Pick your velour color from choices in the additional image. NOTE! Coral, Marigold and Root Beer are not available.
Eye Color: If you prefer a different eye color, please indicate that as well in the Velour box.
- Reusable pattern pieces for 19" doll, footy sleeper, hat and diaper
- Cotton Knit Waldorf Doll Skin
- Plenty of Eco Wool stuffing for a true Waldorf style doll
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Inner head tubing
- Cotton Knit Velour fabric for the footy sleeper and hat
- Cotton flannel for diaper
- Cotton muslin for sand bags
- Sturdy square-ended stuffing stick
- Embroidery floss for facial features
- Craft thread and tying string
- Photo-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Directions for 8 baby style "wigs"
Not included: 2 pounds of fine white sterilized aquarium sand is not included. You can use millet instead but the doll will weigh less.
In addition you will need:
- Sewing machine with #70 Schmetz Universal Needle *
- Good fabric scissors
- 3" doll making needle
- 5" doll making needle
- #7 embroidery needle
- Long straight pins with a ball head
- Joy's Copper Head Frames or tape measure
- Crochet hook size F
- Rouge crayon or powder blush
- Matching skin thread and velour thread.
Most of the above additional supplies can be purchased in our Doll Making section.
*This 19"-20" weighted doll needs the secure stitches from machine sewing.
Completed doll is recommended for ages 3 and older.