Skill Level: Beginner (Ages 13+ or Ages 10-12 with assistance)
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making kit to sew TWO dolls. One a 10" and the other a 6" Bunting Baby. Bunting dolls are stuffed dolls made of soft cotton velour with a pillow type body. These cuddly baby dolls are for the very young to snuggle and a wonderful first doll for a child.
This pattern is well-suited for the beginner doll maker or a child. Having materials for making two sizes gives plenty of practice in sewing and beginning doll making skills. Velour, as a rule, can be challenging to sew, either by hand or machine, but with Joy’s technique it will be a breeze.
IMPORTANT! Please, read the list at the bottom of the description for additional supplies you will need.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
- Reusable pattern pieces for two bunting dolls, one 10" and the other 6"
- Cotton Knit Waldorf Doll Skin
- Eco Wool stuffing
- Inner head tubing
- Cotton Knit Velour (one color for two dolls*)
- Sturdy chopstick with a square end
- Embroidery floss for facial features
- Craft thread.
- Step-by-step instructions
* Order a fat quarter of Cotton Knit Velour if you prefer two different bunting colors.
Age to Play: 6 mos+
Eye color: Leave a note at checkout if you prefer a different eye color.
In addition you will need:
- Good fabric scissors
- 3" doll making needles (5" is okay)
- #7 embroidery needle
- Long straight pins with a ball head
- Tape measure
- Rouge crayon or powder blush
- Matching skin thread and velour thread.
- Sewing machine (optional)
- #70 Schmetz Universal Needle for machine sewing (optional)
Most of these items are available in our Doll Making Supplies section.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.