Children can easily learn crafting skills like hand sewing, finger knitting, sewing buttons and sequins, and using patterns while creating a multitude of wool felt toys and objects.
They will make:
- Little felt friends
- Fairies for the seasons and holidays
- Simple peg doll forest gnomes
- Animal pouches
- Treasure keepers
Included is a child-friendly glossary of terms and for adults there's a section of technique tips and tricks for crafting with children, individually and in groups. Projects are perfect for birthday parties, play dates and handwork time. Patterns are to size, no enlargement necessary.
Over 28 projects in all and the supplies and skills needed are simple and suitable for both children (ages 6 and up) and adults.
Softbound; 160 pages.
Author: Lenka Vodicka-Paredes and Asia Currie
To make these projects you will need:
- 8x12 inch sheets of Holland Wool Felt
- Standard Pipe Cleaners to bend and use for bodies
- Unvarnished Wood Beads for heads in sizes 1/2" and 3/4"
- medium-sized fabric flowers for fairy wings and skirts (faux flower section of craft shops)
- ribbons, sequins, pretty buttons and little beads for embellishments