Children can easily learn crafting skills like hand sewing, finger knitting, sewing buttons and sequins, and using patterns while making little felt friends, fairies and even peg doll gnomes. Also included are several patterns for felt treasure or wish keepers. Over 28 projects in all and the supplies and skills needed are simple and suitable for both children and adults.
Includes a child-friendly glossary of terms and for adults there's a section of technique tips and tricks for crafting with children, individually and in groups. Projects are perfect for birthday parties, play dates, and afternoon playtime. Patterns are to size, no enlargement necessary.
To make these projects you will need:
- 8x12 inch sheets of Holland Wool Felt
- Standard Pipe Cleaners to bend and use for bodies
- Unvarnished Wood Beads for heads in sizes 1/2" and 3/4"
- medium-sized fabric flowers for fairy wings and skirts (faux flower section of craft shops)
- ribbons, sequins, pretty buttons and little beads for embellishments
Softbound; 160 pages.
Author: Lenka Vodicka-Paredes and Asia Currie
I am the director of a day camp. I love the simple ideas for making all
of the flower fairy creatures! My campers have made the Owl treasure
keeper, and the baby blossom fairy, and they LOVED them! A great way to introduce sewing to children ages 8-11 ! Let's keep hand sewing