Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 5 or above and get 10% off
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate (Ages 13 and older)
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit for sewing 13" Little Love, a "traditional" Waldorf style doll who will soon become inseparable from its Mommy or Daddy. The Little Love's body and legs are of one piece for firmness, sturdiness with flexibility. A wonderful size as a first dress-up doll that will be taken everywhere. Patterns included for the doll, nightgown/dress, panties/long pants, shirt and several hairstyles.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
Age to Play: 3+
- Reusable pattern pieces for 13" doll
- Reusable clothing pattern pieces
- Cotton Knit Waldorf Doll Skin fabric
- Plenty of Eco Wool Stuffing for a true Waldorf style doll
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Inner head tubing
- Sturdy square-ended stuffing stick
- Embroidery floss for facial features
- Craft thread and tying string
- Easy step-by-step instructions
- Directions for several wigs and hair styles
Eye Color: If you prefer a different eye color, please indicate that in the Comments box at checkout.
In addition you will need:
- Good fabric scissors
- 3" doll making needle
- #7 embroidery needle
- Long straight pins with a ball head
- Joy's Copper Head Frames or tape measure
- Crochet Hook in Size E or F for hair wig
- Rouge crayon or powder blush
- Matching hair and skin thread
- Fabric and notions for clothes
- Optional Sewing machine with #70 Schmetz Universal Needle
Most of the above additional supplies can be purchased in our Doll Making section where you can find additional clothes patterns, too.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.
Posted by Happy Doll Maker on 18th Sep 2017
I've never worked from a kit before, but having all the materials come in one package was perfect. The instructions were easy to follow and the doll came out great.
Nice finished doll
Posted by Unknown on 26th May 2015
I am a beginner doll maker and purchased this kit to make a doll for my daughter's birthday. My kit came quickly and with the specifications I requested (tan skin with blue eyes)! I found the instructions easy to follow, and the quality of the components to be excellent. I LOVE the wool! Unfortunately, the fabric for the skin was about an inch too short to cut the entire leg/body pieces. I had to cut two one inch strips from the scrap to "fit" the pattern together. As a result, the doll has seams across her chest and back. My daughter doesn't mind, especially once her baby is dressed, but it just doesn't look that great. I'd recommend the kit, just be prepared if you're fabric is just a tad shy of what's necessary.
(A Child's Dream replied: Please contact us if you cannot fit pattern pieces on fabric as shown in pattern instructions.)
The Right Choice for my First Doll
Posted by Deborah Wilson on 17th Oct 2014
I searched many sites for just the right kit to make my first Waldorf-style Doll for my first Grandaughter. A Child's Dream provided the perfect combination of skin, eyes and hair for the doll I want to make. Even when I accidentally picked the wrong skin tone, they fixed the mistake within a few hours. I can't wait to share the doll with my family.
Posted by Josette on 2nd Oct 2014
This is my third kit I have purchased. I am a beginner sewer! Yet, when people see the dolls I have made they are surprised, because they come out so nice. The kit includes everything (ask for a Girl doll kit if you want a long haired doll).