Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate (Ages 13+)
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit to make one long-haired 16" Honey Doll. Honey is a sturdy medium-sized dressing doll (clothes patterns included) with a soft, flexible body, shaped legs and feet that can wear shoes and sneakers. This is the perfect doll for the child who enjoys changing dolly's clothes. Waldorf middle-schoolers studying Anatomy and Physiology will make a limbed doll, either in their likeness or not, and this is an ideal kit for that purpose.
A good pattern for those with some dollmaking experience, but many have done well as beginners. Joy's expert pattern directions will teach you a full range of dollmaking skills and techniques. Machine or hand sew.
IMPORTANT! Please, read the list at the bottom of the description for additional supplies you will need.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
This kit includes:
- Pattern for a 16 inch doll
- Clothing patterns for a collared dress, collared shirt and button overalls
- Cotton skin tone knit fabric, your color choice
- Eco Wool Stuffing
- Stuffing chopstick
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Facial embroidery floss, your choice
- Inner head tubing, craft thread, tying string
- Instruction booklet
- Instructions for several hair style options
Eye Color: Leave a note for a different color and we will switch them for you.
Age to Play: 3+
You will also need:
- Good fabric scissors
- 3" Doll Making Needle
- 5" Doll Making Needle
- #7 Embroidery Needle
- Long Straight Pins with large ball head
- Tape measure or Joy's Copper Head Frames
- Basic crochet skills (Learn to Crochet Book)
- Crochet Hook for doll wig
- Rouge crayon or powder blush
- Matching skin and hair threads
- Matching clothes threads
- Optional: Sewing machine, #70 Schmetz Universal Machine Needle
Most supplies listed above can be purchased in our Doll Making section along with additional clothes patterns.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.