Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate (Ages 13+)
A Joy's Waldorf Doll Making Kit to make one short-haired 16" Honey Doll. Honey is a sturdy medium-sized dressing doll (clothes patterns included) with a soft, flexible body, shaped legs and feet that can wear shoes and sneakers. This is the perfect doll for the child who enjoys changing dolly's clothes.
A good pattern for those with some dollmaking experience, but many have done well as beginners. Joy's expert pattern directions will teach you a full range of dollmaking skills and techniques. Machine or hand sew.
What's special about our kits?
- You get reusable patterns along with a pattern booklet.
- We include plenty of wool stuffing for a firm doll. No need to purchase extra.
- There is ample yarn for a full head of hair.
- The wool provided is ideal for doll making.
- The instructions are step-by-step and illustrated with drawings or photos.
This kit includes:
- Pattern for a 16 inch doll
- Clothing patterns for a collared dress, collared shirt and button overalls
- Cotton skin tone knit fabric, your color choice
- Eco Wool Stuffing
- Stuffing chopstick
- Natural fiber hair yarn
- Facial embroidery floss, your choice
- Inner head tubing, craft thread, tying string
- Instruction booklet
- Instructions for several hair style options
Age to Play: 3+
Eye Color: Leave a note for a different color and we will switch them for you.
You will also need:
- Good fabric scissors
- 3" Doll Making Needle
- 5" Doll Making Needle
- #7 Embroidery Needle
- Long Straight Pins with large ball head
- Tape measure or Joy's Copper Head Frames
- Basic crochet skills (Learn to Crochet Book)
- Crochet Hook for doll wig
- Rouge crayon or powder blush
- Matching skin and hair threads
- Matching clothes threads
- Optional: Sewing machine, #70 Schmetz Universal Machine Needle
Most supplies listed above can be purchased in our Doll Making section along with additional clothes patterns.
RETURNS: Please note, doll making kits are customized products and not returnable.